The design-build project consisted of the renovation of an existing building in Malvern, PA leased by Saint-Gobain, a division of CertainTeed, a manufacturer of global building materials. The building fit-out accommodates 28,000 SF of R&D lab space appropriate for contemporary materials science and 12,000 SF of open office space. The design team was able to utilize materials manufactured by Saint-Gobain in order to achieve sustainability goals.
Working closely with key personnel at the construction manager, the architect, and Saint Gobain, Precis provided mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire protection design, and construction administration. Key components of the project included:
- The design of new site electrical service including coordination of new electrical service with PECO to support upgrade / expansion of building.
- Providing detailed layout of all mechanical systems including air handling units, exhaust systems, heating and cooling equipment and associated appurtenances.
- Providing new process waste system, lab waste system, sanitary, domestic hot and cold water systems as required to support upgrade of the space.
- The design of building emergency distribution and Uninterruptable power supply system to support the program needs. This includeed design of a new emergency generator.
- Providing complete design of primary and secondary power systems, and transformers to support fit out and any future expansion of the building.
- Providing a complete lighting plan.